We occasionally receive a request from a member of the public advising us that some of the data in our vehicle history reports is out-of-date and/or inaccurate. Normally these requests are accompanied by a demand that we update the information.
Please be aware that FreeCarCheck cannot modify any information inside a vehicle history report. Even if we wanted to, it's just not possible.
There are three reasons for why this is:
- We do not have any control over the data. We buy it from sources like the DVLA, DVSA, the Police, and so on. We do not author the content, we only re-route it to you.
- These sources only grant us access to vehicle history information on the condition that we do not alter or edit it in any way.
- Lastly, we have no accurate way of knowing or proving that any information sent to us by a member of the public is correct.
If you are planning on contacting FreeCarCheck regarding asking us to amend/add/change/remove 'inaccurate' data inside a vehicle history report, then be advised that we will not be able to, and you are wasting your time.
What can I do if there are inaccurate records for my vehicle?
FreeCarCheck completely understand that it must be frustrating seeing your vehicle publicly recorded as (for example) stolen when it is not.
If you believe that there are inaccuracies or errors in a vehicle history report, and are the registered keeper, then you will need to contact the relevant authority and ask them to update their details.
- DVLA - 0300 790 6801
- DVSA (VOSA) - https://www.gov.uk/contact-dvsa
- Police (eg stolen), contact your county or borough police service e.g. Kent Police, Greater Manchester Police on a non-emergency number.
After this has been done and the data provider updates their own records, these changes will filter through to us - this can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few days. FreeCarCheck have no control over this time-frame and we have no way of 'forcing through' any data updates. All of the data we provide is obtained in real-time and accurate "as of" when we obtain it.